On January 18, the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KCDA) has announced that everyone including foreign residents in Korea to get COVID-19 vaccine for free of charge. The Korean government hopes to dole out its first vaccine doses by the end of February or early March and achieve herd immunity by the end of September.
For more information: http://news.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210118001147&md=20210121003239_BL
“The period of social distancing is extended until January 31st.”
According to the announcement of the Korean government, level 2.5, it will last two weeks until the end of January, but the rules are relaxed for cafes, gyms.
- Meeting of more than 50 people are not allowed in wedding rooms, funerals, events.
- Food is allowed in cafes as well as restaurants.
- Restrictions on home sales, gyms, hagwons, noraebang, theaters are modified.
- Restrictions for 5 types of entertainment facilities are maintained.
- Religious facilities : Use of mask in religious services, 10% of total occupancy is allowed.
- Restrictions for hotel and lodging facilities: reservations and occupancy of 2/3 of the total capacity are allowed, but use of party lounges is prohibited.